Questions to Ask Yourself
Are you a plan fiduciary, trustee or sponsor? Do you have an executive management or financial management role in your company? Are you responsible for human resources within your organization?
Can you answer any of these questions?
• Do I really understand the 401(k) market?
• Who is actively monitoring my 401(k) plan?
• When was the last time we benchmarked our plan?
• How much is my plan paying in hidden fees?
• Who is performing ongoing due diligence of the funds?
• How do our returns compare to the market?
• What are we doing to enhance investment opportunities?
• When did we have our last trustee plan review meeting?
• When was our last enrollment meeting?
• Do we offer continuing financial education to employees?
• Are we ERISA 404(a) and 404(c) compliant?
• Do we have an investment policy statement?
• Are plan fiduciaries considered investment experts?
• Do we have our documents in order for the DOL and IRS?
• Can fiduciaries really be held personally liable?
If you can not answer any of these questions or if these questions give you concern, please contact your trusted retirement advisors at 401(k) Professionals.